[HPADM] Re: Need help in user's file permission

From: vinod kumar (vinodkumarmp@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2007 - 14:05:53 EDT

If you are talking about read access , they are
already can read files each other ( unless group bit
not set for files )

If you are talking about write access , you need to
create a 2 group ( groupBC ) and put make it as
primary group for user B and C . Add user A to
groupBC . change the default file creation mode to
775 ( see man chmod and umask ) .

Now when user B and C create files , it will have
group groupBC user A should be able to modify it .

You can also do this with acl ( setacl)but that need
more info and planing .

-vinod