[HPADM] Re: Special charactors

From: vinod kumar (vinodkumarmp@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2007 - 13:39:27 EDT

We have requirment to build sql script to insert data
to the oracle table .Unfortunatly ,this data also need
to have special charectors like below .
55EUROCH
"á"
"Ã"

We were thinking of creating this on a XL sheet and
bring it to unix . but no joy .

Any one know how to get this one working ? I tried
reading iconv man page and did not understand how to
make use of that for this purpose ( if that is what I
need to do ) .

Just to give to why we doing this , Our application
insert these data ( with the speical char ) to the
database and no problem ( I guess application has
support for these ). We have a bug in the application
that does not update the data porperly on some the
tables . So when we find these , we collect this info
and trying to build a sql script which the data with
correct format and that is where we need this special
charecotors .

Any help is appreciated .

Thanks
-vinod