[HPADM] SGeSAP: Problems configuring ASCS

From: Stocker, Nick (nick.stocker@logicacmg.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 11:01:18 EDT

I am setting up a ServiceGuard package which is using DVEBMGS AND ASCS
but the ASCS is not being used for replicated enqueue. The enqueue in
our case is part of the DVEBMGS. We also have the DB and CI together in
one package.

When looking at the Manual and sap.config it tells you to configure the
CINAME to be DVEBMGS OR ASCS. I have set this to DVEBMGS as that is the
one which has the central instance.

It doesn't seem to tell you how to configure in an ASCS as well as a
DVEBMGS if you want both without having the ASCS in a separate package.

I have tried putting a separate startsap command for the ASCS in the
customer_defined_run_commands and that does start it but the package
falls over due to a communication problem from the dispatcher. I feel
that rather than forcing it to start the ASCS in this way it should be
configured in properly so the extensions handles is.

Has anyone got any ideas how this should be done properly?

Cheers
N. Stocker