[HPADM] Can't remove lvol8bkp

From: Miller, Tammy S. (MillerT1@diebold.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 15:12:49 EST

Hello,
I tried doing a make_recovery with my mirrors split. So, I got errors
that it couldn't backup unmounted logical volumes. The first one it
tried was lvol8bkp. Now, I was able to merge lvols 1 -7, but cannot do
anything with lvol8bkp. I need to geta make_recovery right away. If I
try to merge I get the error - couldn't reallocate the volume, device
busy. If I try to lvremove /dev/vg00/lvol8bkp it fails also saying -
couldn't delete the lvol is open. Any ideas, please? If I try to mount
it, it says already mounted.

Tammy Miller
Diebold Global IT,
Sr. Systems Engineer, Global IT Operations.
Phone: +1 330 490 6629