[HPADM] Re: SUMMARY - java too many open files

From: vinod kumar (vinodkumarmp@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 11:59:05 EST

Thanks to those who replied .

It looks like java is very inefficiaent in closing
file handles , at least in some versions .

Our problem started after we moved the application to
a new server ( similar one ) which had a minor release
number difference ( old server was java 1.4.2.04 and
new one was 1.4.2.11 )

While watching old and new server open file entries
for java , we noticed in old server entries are
being reused or deleted where as new server it never
get deleted and keep growing. so that looks like
garbage cleaning on new version is not working
properly . So we put the old version on new server
and so far it is working fine .

Thanks
-Vinod

Original post :