[HPADM] Printers - Question

From: Joe Crawford (abjcrawford@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 09 2007 - 07:00:11 EST

Good Day!!!

Recently we had some printers not working in our hp-ux
11.11 environment. those printers were configured as
remote printers. the printer was HP 8100. while the
same printer was printing from other nodes fine
(configured as remote), i could not print from one
specific machine (N Class). the admin converted the
printer and reconfigured as a network printer and then
it started working. My question is

1. when is a printer needs to configured a remote and
when a network printer?
2. what are the pros/cons of configuring in such a way

this is the only thing i found for print on the box.
no printermgt. will that make a difference?

swlist |grep -i print
  J4189-11001C E.10.34
Hewlett-Packard JetDirect Printer Installer for Unix

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Joe