[HPADM] SUMMARY: DATAPROTECTOR INITIALIZATION

From: Neil Paniraj (npaniraj@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2006 - 10:08:08 EST

I was looking for a command in DP5.5 similar to
"set_parms" (in the OS Level). I dont know if such a
command exists.

But for now, I will go with one of these two

==========

You will probably get a better answer than mine, but
this is what I would do.

1: remove all files from /etc/opt/omni/datalists and
/etc/opt/omni/schedules.
   (also, if using online extensions for Oracle or
Informix, they have similar directories for their jobs
and schedules)

2: remove all lines except the cell manager from
/etc/opt/omni/cell/cell_info file.
   (also, check the
/etc/opt/omni/cell/installation_servers file for
correct cell manager entry)
3: shut down (/sbin/init.d/omni stop) and move default
data base into place.
   Copy /opt/omni/newconfig/var/opt/omni/db40 to
/opt/omni/db40
4: start up omni and run /opt/omni/sbin/omnidbutil
-change_cell_name
5: you may also want to remove all log files from
/var/opt/omni/log

The easiest way to do this is to remove entries in the
/etc/opt/omni
and /var/opt/omni directories, then copy the contents
of /opt/omni/newconfig/etc and /opt/omni/newconfig/var
(with
subdirectories) to each directory, respectively. This
will give you a
"clean" configuration to work with.