[HPADM] Network driver cannot bind a name to the port

From: Edi CAHYADI (edi.cahyadi@st.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 02:45:49 EST

Hi Admins,

OS: HP-UX 11.11
Informix: IBM IDS v9.40.

This may be off-topic, but I am hoping there are Informix admins out there who can help me.
Our Informix DBA is unable to bring up the DB. From "onstat -m", below is the error message:

14:53:56 listener-thread: err = -25572: oserr = 13: errstr = : Network driver cannot bind a name to the port.
 System error = 13.
14:53:56 sql_listener: ASF_LISTEN failed

Checking /etc/services, we found 2 entries that seem conflicting:
kerberos 750/tcp kdc # Kerberos (server) tcp -kfall
informix_sv 750/tcp # Informix control

But even though I comment out the kerberos, Informix is still unable to bring up. And if informix_sv uses different port (just for testing), we can bring up Informix. The DBA insists to use port 750/tcp.

Has anybody encounter such problem?

Regards,
Edi