[HPADM] SUMMARY: Cloning printers configured with JetAdmin

From: Edi CAHYADI (edi.cahyadi@st.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 22:58:20 EST

Thanks to Bill Hassel, Jeff Lightner and Dan Zucker for the replies.
I followed Bill's suggestion to use simple script below. It works like a
charm.

----------------------
#!/usr/bin/sh

# Find all JetDirect printer names and IP addresses
# and create a remove and add script

QTY=0
JETDIR="/opt/hpnpl/bin"
LPDIR="/etc/lp/interface"

for PRN in $(grep ^PERIPH= $LPDIR/*)
do
 QUEUE=$(basename $(echo $PRN | cut -d: -f1))
 IP=$(echo $PRN | cut -d= -f2)
 $JETDIR/removequeue -q $QUEUE
 $JETDIR/addqueue -q $QUEUE -h $IP
Done