[HPADM] rp7420 Boot via Tape

From: Joe Crawford (abjcrawford@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 21:58:06 EDT

This is what happens when i try to boot via tape but
no luck. This is rp7420. could some one help how to
boot of the tape.

Logged into the console.

Mp console login:
Password:

Once logged into the system I selected VFP menu in MP
Main Menu. Looks like the following

1) Partition 0 -
2) Partition 1 -
3) Exit

Select > 1 ( selected To boot the Partition 0)

>From there I rebooted /rs to get interruption of auto
booting.

Next step I searched

> sea

It provides some paths may be around 6 or 7.

In which first one is Random Access Media and next one
Sequential Media which is having path P1. then I typed
the following

> bo P1

Then it quits like a flash even I can’t read a little
about that error.

It’s dumping something. Atleast 4 lines of hex code.
After dumping it stands again coming back in a
fraction of second I can start search again. Like >
sea

I think i am doing something wrong. this is first
experience with the cell based system. Please help.

Thanks

Joe.