[HPADM] Virus Protection

From: Sue Pellerito (Sue.Pellerito@jackinthebox.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2006 - 12:36:25 EDT

I understand UNIX is less susceptible to virus attacks than a Windows
environment might be. However, I am getting pressure from our Auditing
department to 'prove' no viruses exist on our production servers. I do not
allow crontab use for anyone other than root and command line access is not
allowed. I would imagine SOX rules has put the same pressure on those of
you subscribing to this list. How do you handle this? Are you using virus
protection software for UNIX and if so, what product?

Susan Pellerito
UNIX Systems Administration
Jack in the Box, Inc.
9330 Balboa Ave.