[HPADM] Integrity rx1620 without DVD media installation.

From: Tamer Embaby (te@tsemba.org)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 11:42:47 EDT

Hi all,

I believe I'm asking this question in the right place, I tried the
search the archives with no luck.

I'm very new to HP-UX and HP servers in general. I got new Integrity
rx1620 server (No DVD drive, no MP, no iLO?) and the installation
media of HP-UX 11i v2.

My problem is I can't get HP-UX to be installed on the machine, I tried
to connect DVD drive via USB but it fails when I start installation
from inside Ignite-UX becuase it doesn't recoginze the drive as
installation media, even though I can boot normally from it.

I need advice to know how can I install HP-UX, do I have to purchase the
DVD drive from HP and install it? Can I use normal DVD drive and connect
it to the IDE port (strange socket on the board with "IDE" above it)?
Can
I connect SCSI DVD to this machine and start installation? If yes, to
which SCSI port (the one on the front or the one on the back?

Sorry if these questions looks newbie... I am really newbie in HP/HP-UX
and I'm stuck here.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Tamer