[HPADM] Sendmail error - Domain of sender address not exist

From: Jim Gray (jimgray@woh.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 00:34:48 EDT

We are running sendmail 8.9.3 on a K580 (10.20 os release). We relay
sendmail through a Lotus notes server. We are getting the following errors
from several external mail servers (road runner, verizon, etc.):

"Domain of sender address (snoopy.testing.com) not exist", where snoopy is
the hostname of the unix box.

Note that the UNIX box does not receive mail for the testing.com domain, the
lotus notes server does. A mx record exists for the notes server. What
needs to be done to get outbound mail from snoopy to be received by
everyone? We also have a box running 11.11 and it works fine by just making
changes to DM and commenting out the CE option in the sendmail.cf file?
TIA. Will summarize.

Jim Gray
E-mail: jimgray@woh.rr.com
Fax 937-667-2752