[HPADM] SUMMARY: rebuilding /etc/lvmtab on an inactive node in an MC/ServiceGuard cluster

From: Ayson, Alison (alison.ayson@roche.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 16:16:42 EDT

Thanks to everyone for their replies (I LOVE this list! I always get
replies right away..)

I was able to rebuild /etc/lvmtab on the inactive node. I'd stupidly
forgotten to remove the old /etc/lvmtab before running the vgscan.
Apparently if the old /etc/lmvtab file is there the vgscan tries to use
it in the rebuild ??

Anyway, I removed /etc/lvmtab on the inactive node, ran "vgscan -a -v"
and viola!..I had my new /etc/lvmtab which included the new devices
names.

Now I just have to figure out why in the heck the device names changed
in the first case. The switch port looks fine. I wonder if the HBA is
going bad? Oh well..I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

Thanks to everyone for their great replies and quick response.

  -- Alison