[HPADM] DATAPROTECTOR FAILURE NOTIFICATIONS

From: Neil Paniraj (npaniraj@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 13:35:43 EDT

Fellow SAs:

I have very limited knowledge in DataProtector. I need
to generate a report everyday to filter only the
failed backup sessions. With the system which is
already in place, we get reports generated daily which
also includes jobs, which have completed but have had
to wait for drives, if they were busy. Many of the
failure messages are the ones which complain that
there were no drive free for around 15 minutes, but
completed successfully after a few retries.

This is because I think dataprotector itself, marks
them as Major alerts. Does somebody have a good script
which generates useful reports so that we don't have
to do mindless babysitting of exhaustive reports?

Any input would be most appreciated.

Regards,
NEIL