[HPADM] RE: Warning about Oracle patch advisor

From: EdK(ListMail) (edk.listmail@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jan 15 2006 - 20:55:44 EST

Dan -

What exactly are you trying to tell all (in the global audience that we are)
us via this email?

To be wary of running unknown software from unknown origin with an unknown
name and permissions, as root and/or as the DBA on production systems?

Or that rumor has it, there _may_ be a warning on some vendor's site of
where this unknown, unnamed, as yet unidentified script/program that you
may, or may not have run on your system(s), as you may have used a similar
program downloaded from another site, but your not sure.

What you do know is you lost two databases.

Sounds like either a FUD email (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) from someone who
likes a Database other than the one they named, or someone that let a Trojan
script go wild in their production site.

Now, if you have issues with restores, or how to secure your system, there
are many people on this list that can assist you, and point you to sites
that can help.