[HPADM] Warning about Oracle patch advisor

From: Dan Zucker (daniz@netvision.net.il)
Date: Sun Jan 15 2006 - 15:32:30 EST

Before running the Oracle Patch Advisor (or some such program)
check the Oracle site.

We ran this (or a similar program) and erased the data base and most of the
files under the
main db mountpoint.

I asked the DBA for more information about what caused the DB, files, links
etc
to be erased, but he hasn't given me much info.

We erased one db, and no one knew who or how. Three days later a different
db went
bye bye, and this time the person said, "I was running this
program/script/what-ever and the data base crashed.

Be warned.

The Oracle site does - I am told - contain the warning.

DZ