[HPADM] More help please bad file WAS RP5450 HP-UX B.11.00 load increasing after reboot?

From: Randy Millis (lists account) (rmillisl@gdcanada.com)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 19:41:09 EST

This continues, but I have a better understanding of it now:

The Veritas client keeps hanging and accumulating, over the course of a number of days this is causing the load to increase.

I have found a CAD file (contains ASCII design info) that I can not cat, od, cp, mv, tar, or open with the design tools.

I can't even rm the file to replace it from a backup copy.

Any tool I seem to touch it with hangs and then becomes a child process of PPID 1 or in some cases the spawning shell. Most often it end up being owned by PPID 1.

It looks like the Veritas client is getting hung up the same way.

If I exclude this file from my tar, I can tar the entire /home file system and am using this for interim backups.

I opened HP hardware and Software support cases and:
    a.. Ran their diagnostic scripts, and the system appears healthy.
    b.. I forced an fsck of the /home file system and there were no errors
    c.. I did a dd of the disk to /dev/null and there were no IO errors.
    d.. Ran adb against the disk to see the LVM header, looking for bad blocks

    e.. Despite everything looking healthy, It looks like fbackup also fails in the same directory as this file - I think when it touches it.

Ever seen this before?

Know what the fix may be, or if this indicates a more ominous problem or impending failure?

I have never seen this before. Anyone have any ideas on this?