[HPADM] Need quick ideas on adding storage to a T600

From: Bob Brown (bbrown@harpercollege.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 10:33:19 EST

I need some ideas quickly:

On an old T600:

How can we put some more disk storage on it.

We don't have mirrordisk on the O/S (which is 10.20) on this box (so
the storage has to be h/w raid/mirroring).
We need 20G additional or 50G total (if we replace the connection to
our old EMC symmetrix box).

I have 2 fast-wide-differential SCSI cards (hppb) (which could be
used or replaced if we drop the connection to the EMC).
I also have 1 HSC slot open.

We are stuck on hpux 10.20 on this system.

We do have a FC SAN (EMC clarion), but it looks like there is no
supported method to connect the T600 to it (the FC cards for the T600
are unsupported and not certified by EMC).

I need ideas.

thanks!

-Bob

--
bbrown@harpercollege.edu   ####  ####    Bob Brown - KB9LFR
Harper Community College   ##  ##  ##    Systems Administrator