[HPADM] Changing Devices on the SAN

From: Dave T. (davidlt77@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 09 2005 - 11:29:01 EDT

We need to replace a SureStore 2/20 tape library on the SAN with a Compaq
MSL5060. Our network administrator doesn't want to bother with it until
next week, saying it's will cause him too much work, which is what he says
nearly anytime we need to make changes on the SAN. We use zoning, and stuff
will need to be re-configured on the Brocade SAN switch. I'm no SAN
administrator, but my understanding is that it isn't that difficult to make
the changes. Does anyone know any reason why this would be a laborious
process for the network administrator? If he's right, I need to be
educated, but he has a reputation for blowing smoke, so I can't rely upon
what he says.

Dave