[HPADM] Multiple paths for fiber?

From: Shaw, Marco (Marco.Shaw@aliant.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 10:06:22 EDT

Server: HP 90000 rp3440
OS: HP HP-UX 11iv1 (maybe v2)

Does HP-UX have anything built in that will allow the OS to look at 2
fiber interface cards as a primary and backup?

Each server would have 2 paths (2 fiber interface cards, 1 fiber
connection each) to a shared storage array.

This is for testing, once we move to production, we plan to use EMC's
PowerPath product to take care of the fiber redundancy to an EMC SAN.

Marco