[HPADM] replacing an unused lancard with a scsi card gives headache

From: COUPRIE Kees (Kees.COUPRIE@swift.com)
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 01:32:51 EDT

Hi everyone. Are you having a pleasant day?

I have a bit of a problem problem. We had to move an MO drive (SCSI based device) from one of our older systems to a new RP3440.
The problem started when there was no place to plug the SCSI cable into the new system because there was no SCSI port available.
After conferring with HP and management, the solution agreed upon was to have the SCSI card moved from from the old system to the
RP3440. The only problem with that was that all four PCI slots on this RP3440 were used. The simple solution was to remove an
unused 4-port lan card and replace it with the dual port SCSI card. There is only one problem that remains. ioscan returns the
following:

    lan 7 0/6/1/0.6.0 btlan UNCLAIMED UNKNOWN HP C1160M

We have tried rmsf using several options but nothing works. We have rebuilt the kernel making sure scsi3 was included. We cannot
fix it. Do you have any ideas or suggestions on how this can be fixed?

Thanks and kindest regards,
Kees Couprie