[HPADM] Software Maintenance - Micro Focus Cobol on HP-UX 11.11

From: Ben Le (ble@pcc.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 16:20:46 EDT

I agreed with Justin about LTU. However LTU and Support are different
animals. You can use the software for life in the box. But if that software
breaks without the support dollar paid, you are out of luck to fix or
upgrade it.

I have a question for the list.

HP announced that it will no longer support Micro Focus Cobol and
recommends to go directly to Mirco Focus company for support this
application. Does anyone have this issue and experience with Micro Focus
company, such as the support level, cost ...? Thanks.

Ben

Benjamin Le
Sr. Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services