[HPADM] Problem with L-class server

From: anand.hampayya@wipro.com
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 08:27:16 EDT

Hi All,

We are facing some problem with one of our L-class HP server. The syslog
error message is as follows

"Jun 6 23:55:15 tbau02 vmunix: SCSI: Abort abandoned -- lbolt:
107831930, dev: 1

f042000, io_id: 46ab4d4, status: 200

Jun 6 23:55:16 tbau02 vmunix: LVM: vg[1]: pvnum=1 (dev_t=0x1f042000) is
POWERFA

ILED"

And server is not coming after I have rebooted and on session log
following is the error message.

ALERT 15 : Fatal Hardware or Configuration problem prevents operation

Source : 8 = I/O

Source Detail: 6

I believe there is some problem in hard disk. But, since, I am not able
to login to the server I don't know which disk has gone faulty. Can
anyone tell me how to find out the disk from the error message.

Kindly get back to me ASAP.

Regards,

Anand

Confidentiality Notice