[HPADM] Refreshing NIS ypservers map

From: Julian Rogan (Julian.Rogan@Unilever.com)
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 05:35:32 EDT

Hi,
I am running the NIS master on HPUX v 11.0

I have just modified the ypservers map via the usual method:

ypcat -k ypservers >/tmp/ypservers.map

Modified /tmp/ypservers.map (in this case server deletions) and then made
the changes live.

cat /tmp/ypservers.map |makedbm - /var/yp/`domainname`/ypservers

Running ypcat -k ypservers at this point should show the changes however
the servers I deleted are still being displayed.
If I run strings on the map itself in /var/yp/domainname/ypservers.pag
then the servers I deleted are not there.
I have tried stopping and starting the ypserv daemons with no change.

Is there any way I can make this change live without rebooting or have I
missed something>

Many thanks in advance for assist,

Julian