[HPADM] mirrordisk/ux on 11.23 ipf

From: V. T. Mueller, Continum (v.t.mueller@continum.net)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 06:26:50 EDT

Hello,

I appears I am unable to find documenatation on how to mirror the
boot volume on 11.23 ipf. All I could find in the docs is:

Caution: The only default behavior difference between Itanium and
PA-RISC systems is the requirement to specify a disk partition when
running the pvcreate command on an Itanium boot disk. Unlike
PA-RISC, Itanium boot disks contain multiple partitions. On Itanium,
if you specify the entire disk (e.g., pvcreate /dev/dsk/c2t0d0) the
same way you would on PA-RISC, your boot disk can be destroyed.
Instead, on Itanium, you need to use the device file name which
includes the partition information when specifying Itanium boot
disks (e.g. pvcreate /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s2).

That still does not answer a couple of questions, though:
1. is the "-B" flag not needed anymore?
2. what about slice 1 and 3 that exist on the initial disk?
3. how can EFI be copied, or is it not needed on the mirror?

Maybe someone has come across this before and is kind enough to
share his/her knowledge and/or can point me to appropriate docs.

TIA,
vt

--
Volker T. Mueller