[HPADM] Installing ONLINE JFS in non-interactive way

From: Deepak John Cutinha (deepak_cutinha@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Apr 03 2005 - 07:19:10 EDT

Hi HP Gurus,

I have the following situation:

I have made Golden Image DVD for installing
HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 2226894404

Now i need to install Online JFS using site
specific codeword and cutomer_id for future
installations.

The steps i cud gather were:

- mount /SD_CDROM (HPUX DVD)
- swreg -l depot /SD_CDROM
- swcopy -v -s workstation:/SD_CDROM
customer_ID=THeCUSTOMERiD codeword=THE-code-WORD-here
\
            PRODUCTCODE @ /root/DEPOT/OnLine-JFS-700
- cd /root/DEPOT
- swlist -l depot
- swinstall -s server:/sysadmin/DEPOT/OnLineJFS-700 \
       -x autoselect_reference_bundles=true -x
autoselect_dependencies=true \*

But my situation demands that the said JFS related
packages are part of the Golden Image DVD I have made
and then an postinstall script would ask me the
following :

customer_ID
codeword

Which are different for each installation and
then i go ahead with swinstall with the provided
inputs.

Is this possible..??

Cause I donot want a manual intervention of
replacing another HP DVD and then running
swcopy ,and want it to package it all as one DVD.

The entire process should be non-interactive.

I hope I am clear with my question..if not feel free
to ask more...

Kindly suggest.Thank you.

Best Regards,

Deepak Cutinha