[HPADM] question about disks

From: Peter Unmack (peter.lists@unmack.net)
Date: Fri Mar 11 2005 - 13:36:10 EST

G'day folks

I had a disk setup via LVM that was the boot disk for one machine I had.
All of the "partitions" only occur within this one disk. I made the
mistake of moving that disk, not realising that it would no longer boot
the machine when I put it back in its original place (seems like you could
do this for non-LVM disks). Anyway, as you probably figured out I am
semi-retarded when it comes to disks, and especially LVM. I have tried
mounting this disk on another machine, but it won't let me do it (some
message about it having LVM structure). I have searched around the
archives, but haven't found anything because obviously most people who
have any clue about what they are doing wouldn't do what I did.

My first priority is to try and get a couple of files off the disk. The
second would be to make it boot again on the original machine I had it set
up on. Would someone please consider offering me some suggestions on what
to try? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter Unmack