[HPADM] Disaster Tolerant Clusters with ServiceGuard

From: Stocker, Nick (Nick.Stocker@logicacmg.com)
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 12:12:55 EST

I have read there are three types of Cluster you can have in ServiceGuard:-

1. Extended Distance Clusters
2. Metropolitan Clusters
3. Continental Clusters

Does anyone know what (maximum) distances they are configurable over?

For example, I am looking at setting up a cluster with two nodes 3 miles
apart and I am wondering if :

    a) I can use standard ServiceGuard or does it have to be an advanced
version
    b) which of the above types of cluster I would have to (or be able to)
use.

The document I have read (designing disaster tolerant clusters B7660-90016)
doesn't seem to tell you about specific distances. Not that I can see anyway
in the 450+ page document!!

Thanks very much,
Nick Stocker - LogicaCMG.