[HPADM] RE: -SUMMARY- Symbol not found

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 12:17:20 EST

Again thanks to all. Everyone indicated that it was an environment issue
and that I should define the SHLIB_PATH within the script to include
/lib:/usr/lib:/opt/vistplus. Also it was suggested that I source roots
.profile in the remsh i.e. remsh neptune -l root '.
./profile;/opt/vistaplus/VistaMigr.sh'. I did these steps and still no
luck. We did get it to work by putting a 'cd /opt/vistplus' at the
beginning of the script. /opt/vistaplus had about a dozen .sl libraries
under /opt/vistaplus of which one (libcore.sl) had the symbol definition. I
am not sure why putting the SHLIB_PATH with /opt/vistaplus in it did not
find it. Anyway all if fine and I appreciate the help from all of you this
week and in the past.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix/Storage Systems Administrator