[HPADM] SUMMARY: Strange behavior seen after a cold install of 11i V2 on a zx6000 workstation

From: John L. Lanier (jllanier@parsec.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2005 - 03:20:23 EST

Hello,

Thanks to replies from the following people:

Edward [ed1901@hotmail.com]
Bill Hassell [bill@billhassell.com]
Mohan Sundaram [Mohan_Sundaram@emitac.ae]
Bob Vance [bobvance@alumni.caltech.edu]

I have set my DISPLAY variable to "hostname:0.0" and have "hostname" (not the FQDN) defined in the /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file. After rebooting, I see no more weirdness with hanging commands and the sw-related commands failing.

Since this zx6000 did not come installed with a Management Processor (I didn't realize just how important it was to have this hardware until recently!), I will have to wait until I am in the office next to see if CDE is working as it should. I will also be looking into purchasing an MP in the near future.

Thanks again and see ya next time!

--John Lanier