[HPADM] lvlnboot error

From: Jeff Cleverley (jeffc@ftc.agilent.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 20:38:12 EST

Greetings,

I had a rp5450 show stale extents in the root volume group. Lvm
commands run against the disk showed i/o errors. The diskinfo command
ran fine. I replaced the disk and tried the replacement steps (pvcreate
-B,mkboot, vgcfgrestore) but they all returned i/o errors. I decided
that the slot may be bad and added another disk to the root volume
group, did the pvcreate -B, mkboot commands, and then did a lvextend -m
2 of lvol 1,2, and 3. I then did a lvreduce -m 1 of all removing the
bad disk (c1t2d0). The lv/vg commands all run fine, show everything
mirror, no stale extents, etc. I did a vgreduce of vg00 of the c1t2d0
disk.

The problem is I get this when I run the lvlnboot command.

#ROOT $ lvlnboot -v
Unable to query the I/O interface: I/O tree node does not exist.
Boot Definitions for Volume Group /dev/vg00:
Physical Volumes belonging in Root Volume Group:
        /dev/dsk/c2t2d0 (0/0/2/0.2.0) -- Boot Disk
Unable to query the I/O interface: Parameter error.
lvlnboot: Unable to print reliable information.
#ROOT $

The other disk that should be there is c2t0d0. The system was rebooted
after the mirroring completed. I was still able to vgimport the c1t2d0
disk into a junk vg and it had 3 lvols. The disk is not in /etc/lvmtab
or in /etc/lvmconf/vg00.conf. When I try to do a mediainit of the disk,
it tells me it's in use and can't get a lock.

The system is hpux 11.00

How do I get this cleared up?

Thanks,

Jeff