[HPADM] Problems with TCP_NODELAY

From: wilking@atlas.de
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 04:58:20 EST

Hello,

I've problems with TCP_NODELAY. I'm calling the getsockopt/setsockopt
function as follows:

int enableOption = x // x is set to 0 or 1
getsockopt(s, IPPROTO_TCP, TCP_NODELAY, &enableOption,
(int*)sizeof(enableOption))
setsockopt(s, IPPROTO_TCP, TCP_NODELAY, &enableOption, sizeof
(enableOption)

After the getsockopt call enableOption has always the value I've set
before (0 or 1, I've set the value to 2, too). Have anybody an idea,
where is the problem? The call of TCP_NODELAY is extremly import.
Without the call the programm need 200 ms for a ping call, but it should
need max 10 ms for a ping.

Thanks.