[HPADM] Re: rexec

From: Corné Beerse (cbeerse@lycos.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 03:35:05 EST

Anil Rajapure wrote:
> Roger,
>
> do a man rexec
> rexec uses file .netrc for password less login. Set it
> up and you should be ready to go.

man on hp-ux 11 gives the file "~/.rhosts" and/or the use of /etc/hosts.equiv.
Check the manpages for details since usage differs.

Be noted that `rexec`, `rsh` and `rlogin` do rely on each other. Depending on
several details they can (silently) move actions to each other. Hence best to
activate them all to get stuff going. Once all works, you can try to remove
obsolete functionallity one by one.

CBee