[HPADM] Security settings and definitions

From: Vidal, Ignacio - \(Arg\) (ignacio.vidal@telmex.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 10:58:33 EST

Hello:
I've been looking for the place where some characteristics of the
password and it's aging are defined (like password length, use of mixed
characters and signs, expiration time, etc. ...), and I'm also
interested in the definitions involved.

I found some commands under /usr/lbin (getprpw, getprdef, ...) but I
cannot find manual pages for them, so I cannot understand, for example,
what "syspnpw=YES" means.

Can you point where I can get some more information about these
commands/settings?

BTW, the systems I'm viewing don't have the file /etc/default/security,
as mentioned in "passwd" man page.
Thanks in advance

Ignacio