[HPADM] Startup Script Question

From: Dave T. (davidlt77@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 19 2004 - 11:36:20 EDT

I'm writing a startup script (/sbin/init.d/sysmon) that calls another script
(/opt/sysadmin/bin/sysmon) to run as a daemon. Basically,
/opt/sysadmin/bin/sysmon runs a continuous "while" loop. In the startup
script, I have the following line for the start option to launch the daemon:

/opt/sysadmin/bin/sysmon &

When run from the command line, the startup script works perfectly, putting
the daemon in the background. However, when run from the rc3.d link upon
boot, the startup script launches the daemon, but then the daemon
immediately dies. What do I need to do to ensure the daemon remains up?

Thnx,

Dave