[HPADM] Summary-Shell Question and sleep question.

From: brian irvin (brian944us@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 11:44:54 EDT

Team:
Many thanks to David Totsh, Jeff Kell, Roy Kidder. All
of them wanted me to have while true instead of just
while.

Now, why does it work when i change 86400 to a number
of lesser value? Can soomeone clarify?

My question:

 I have a very small shell program that does this:

 while `sleep 86400`
 do
 ..
 ..
 echo "Something"
 done

 (86400 is one day).. The program does not seem to
wake up after 1 day, and process what I want it to do
 everyday.

 If I change 86400 to some smaller number, it seems to
 work fine. Could anyone tell why something like this
 happens?

 Thanks in advance

Brian.

Thanks