[HPADM] Too Many Arp Messages?

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 13:30:35 EDT

My network admin says he is seeing way too many arp messages on the
network from one of my hpux 11i boxes. I guess its related to a another
host that my box is trying to contact that is down. He says he is seeing
several arp messages per second and that is too many/too frequent.

I don't know a lot about these arp messages but is there something that
can be changed to reduce the number of or frequency of these arp
messages too make my network admin happy?

Thanks a bunch,

- Justin