[HPADM] RE: volume group not found while booting

From: SURI, SONIA (SONIA) (strehan@lucent.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 08:38:00 EDT

Hi All ,

Thanks to Bill Hassell, David Lee, John Lee and special Thanks to Mohan
Sundaram, as he really helped up to a point where application was brought
up.

To Summarize:

#strings /etc/lvmtab
o/p presented that we had only two disks , one disk primary and second one
as secondary for the Volume group which had problem.
not four as i thought earlier .

# diskinfo -v /dsk/rdsk/c0t14d0

o/p ::device busy

when the same command was run on other disk , o/p was fine.

# now tried to activate the volume group

1. vgchange -a y vg01
o/p:could not attach to the volume group physical device,device busy.

2. vgchnage -a y -g n vg01

vg01 got activated but could not synchronize the logical volumes.

#ioscan -funC disk

o/p had both the disk as "claimed"

# after this tried ,
mountall

and the application started.

/////////////Still working on the disk replacement for c0t14d0.Server is
running on one disk for VG01 volume group.

regards
Sonia.