[HPADM] Re: Securing/Hardening HP-UX Box - Best Ways

From: Colin Haffenden (Chaffend@msxi-euro.com)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 08:48:37 EDT

Deepak,

Check this document out....

http://www.secinf.net/unix_security/Building_a_Bastion_Host_Using_HPUX_11.html

I've used it for a couple of my secure hpux builds and it works great.

Cheers,
Colin.

>>> Deepak John Cutinha <deepak_cutinha@yahoo.com> 08/06/04 01:09pm

Hi Gurus,

I was looking for suggestions on securing my HP-UX
box...

- Using something equivalent like Solaris(JASS) which
 is free I guess(Free)

- Using Priced software packages ...IPFilter....

How can I block denial-of-service attacks and things
like that....

Thankyou for your invaluable input as always...

Have a Nice Week-end!!

br,

Deepak Cutinha

 Archives:  ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin       (FTP,
browse only)
            http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin   (Web, browse &
search)
This Message has been Checked at MSXI for all known Viruses.
You open this at your own risk. Please make sure all replies are
also virus free.
Also we do not accept or send Attachments of the type .exe, .vbs,
scr, or .bat due to the virus risk they can contain. These types of
attachments will be stripped from the message.
MSXI