[HPADM] [Summary]Enable/Disable CPU's in HP-UX

From: Deepak John Cutinha (deepak_cutinha@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 13:14:38 EDT

Hi Folks,

I was able to do so....PDC...

Thank you...

Here are all the responses...

br.

Deepak Cutinha

There is no HP-UX command for disabling a CPU. Unless
you are using
vPar's or WLM.

On the hardware side, you will need to reboot the
server and interupt
the boot process at the BHC. At that level, you can
enable and disable
CPUs.

ryan

------------------

Think you can disable a cpu from PDC

boot into PDC and go into the service menu
try typing cpu and follow the commands to disable it.
cpu 1 dis

I never did this, but seems to me somebody told me you
could do this
from PDC.

HTH,
Rita

------------------

IIRC (and I only ever had to do it once) you have to
do that from the
console boot menu, you can't do it from HP-UX.

Mike.

------

there are probably commands which are part of iCOD
(instant capacity on
demand)
that you could use. otherwise, you could put the CPU
you wish to
"disble" into a pset (processor set) to prevent jobs
from being run
there, and then intctl to move interrupts off the CPU.
 i'm not sure if
those are all installed by default on 11iv1 or if you
need to get stuff
off of software.hp.com.

of course, if you can do a reboot, CPUs can be
disabled in firmware as
well

rick jones

--- Deepak John Cutinha <deepak_cutinha@yahoo.com>