[HPADM] Can't list backup tape contents created on a T-Series 9000 system (using "fbackup") from a D-Series 9000 system.

From: Lanier, John (john.lanier@hp.com)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 04:46:41 EDT

Hello,

I can successfully list the contents of backup tapes that I created using
"fbackup" on a T-Series 9000 system as follows:

# frecover -f /dev/rmt/0m -xNv (run from the same T-series 9000 system)

However, this same command fails on a D-Series 9000 system
(I don't remember the error, unfortunately).

Here was the syntax I used to create the initial backup tapes
(I'm going from memory, so I'm not sure if I used "-i" or not):

# fbackup -f /dev/rmt/0m -i /

I know for sure that I didn't use "-I indexname" to create an index file during the fbackup;
is the fact that I didn't create an index file the reason for the errors seen on the D-Series system,
or is this something else?

Thanks in advance for any replies/suggestions.

Regards,

--John Lanier