[HPADM] /dev/random

From: Henning, Thomas B (thomas.b.henning@usa-spaceops.com)
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 08:46:11 EDT

I have checked the archive and the last time this question was asked was in 2001. I think the answer has changed so I will ask it again.

What fileset adds the /dev/random device to 11.i?

I have two identical boxes, both running 11.i, but one is the software development box with development tools and the other is
production without any tools loaded. I can do the following command on the development box and get the results shown, but
nothing returns on the production box. I need to run secure shell on both boxes and it would be easiest to get the /dev/random
device on the production box (if possible) then and to keep the configuration of OpenSSh the same than to customize it for the production box.

I looked at the contents lists of the applications CD's but found nothing related.

# On the development box.

$ /usr/sbin/swlist -l fileset | grep -i random
# RandomNumGen B.11.11.06 HP-UX 11.11 Strong Random Number Generator Product
  RandomNumGen.RNG-DKRN B.11.11.06 Strong Random Number Generator DLKM
  RandomNumGen.RNG-KRN B.11.11.06 Strong Random Number Generator Kernel Enablement
$

Thomas B. Henning
United Space Alliance
Ground Operations
Wave Analysis Lab
(321)861-4234
thomas.b.henning@usa-spaceops.com

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of my employer or NASA.