[HPADM] ignite question

From: Javier Zayas (javier_zayas@cuc.claremont.edu)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 19:39:15 EDT

I'm having to ignite a system to expand /stand and I just wanted to do a
sanity check to make sure I don't screw this up.

1) make full system backup
2) make_tape_recovery -x inc_entire=vg00 -lv -a /dev/rmt/1mn
3) reboot system with tape in place and go into interactive mode
4) expand /stand to what I need
5) here's where I'm iffy. At this point, I think there's an option to
restore vg00 from the tape and I believe I would do that option.
6) Restore from my full system backup so that I get back everything on
vg01 (is this necessary and if so will this mess up vg00??)
7) Restore vg02 (Informix Raw Partitions) or will these have remained
unaffected?

Thanks in advance for the sanity check.

Javier Zayas
System Administrator
The Claremont Colleges
Administrative Information Services Office
javier.zayas@cuc.claremont.edu
Direct:(909)607-3143
Cell: (909)319-0278
http://www.cuc.claremont.edu