[HPADM] make_net_recovery failures

From: Jeff Cleverley (jeffc@ftc.agilent.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 15:55:31 EDT

Greetings,

We have a server running ignite 3.6.82 on hpux 11.00. We've been
successfully doing make_net_recovery archives for ~50 servers for the
last year and everything has been fine. It appears something has
changed on our server, because now they all fail with the same error:

ERROR: Connnection to the server:fred.ftc.agilent.com failed.
       * Creating NFS mount directories for configuration files.

======= 05/06/04 13:11:29 MDT Started make_net_recovery. (Thu May 06
13:11:29
         MDT 2004)
         @(#) Ignite-UX Revision B.3.6.82
         @(#) net_recovery (opt) $Revision: 10.567 $

       * Testing pax for needed patch
       * Passed pax tests.
       * Checking Versions of Recovery Tools

======= 05/06/04 13:11:31 MDT make_net_recovery completed
unsuccessfully

The file systems on fred are exported with the -anon=2 option and there
is plenty of space on all file systems.

I've tried running some traces (tusc) but still can't figure out why
it's failing to connect or how it's trying to make that connection. I
can cd to /net/fred/ignite and it mounts across nfs just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeff