[HPADM] Migrate from D280 -> RP2470; Multiple questions

From: Marles, Rob (RMarles@trojanuv.com)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 11:12:12 EDT

Hello

I'm planning on migrating from our current D280 to an RP2470, and need
some information for planning purposes.

Currently, our D280 has an AutoRAID (12H?) attached to it.
The mirrored disks inside the D280 contain HPUX v. 11.00, under VG00,
and the AutoRAID contains the application & data under VG001.
The two drives in the RP2470 are not mirrored and contain HPUX v11.11.

First Question:
How would I go about unplugging the AutoRAID from our D280 & plug it
into our RP2470 so that I can retain VG01, & it's data? The RP2470 has
the SCSI cards to support the AutoRAID so it's a matter of making Unix
realize it's there.

Second Question:
How would I turn the dual drives in the RP2470 into mirror disks,
without having to start from scratch - or is it advisable to just start
from scratch?

Third Question:
Our D280 has over 100 user accounts/passwords that I would like to
migrate directly to the RP2470 so that users can simply log in on the
"go-live" date. What is the easiest method for transferring this data?
We do not carry password lists so re-entering the logins/passwords isn't
an option.

Thanks in advance!

--
Rob Marles