[HPADM] VG recovery

From: Frank Bonnet (bonnetf@bart.esiee.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 22 2004 - 11:05:20 EDT

Hi folks

Thanks to all that respond to my request
concerning a VG recovery.

I almost have recovered everything with SAM
except ONE disk ... but, thanks, databases are
working again from now :-)

The disk was the system disk which crashed
it seems to be "close to life" but i'm still
in trouble with it

here is the log of what I get trying to recover it
manually.

# vgimport -v /dev/vg02 /dev/dsk/c2t0d0
Beginning the import process on Volume Group "/dev/vg02".
vgimport: Quorum not present, or some physical volume(s) are missing.
Logical volume "/dev/vg02/lvol1" has been successfully created
with lv number 1.
Logical volume "/dev/vg02/lvol2" has been successfully created
with lv number 2.
Logical volume "/dev/vg02/lvol3" has been successfully created
with lv number 3.
Volume group "/dev/vg02" has been successfully created.
Warning: A backup of this volume group may not exist on this machine.
Please remember to take a backup using the vgcfgbackup command after activating the volume group.

Any hope to recover soamthing ?

--
Cordialement,
Frank Bonnet