[HPADM] EMC migration w/Oracle on raw devices

From: light1@runbox.com
Date: Mon Apr 12 2004 - 07:05:33 EDT

Experts,

We are planning to migrate to EMC.
The system is HP-UX 11.00 w/ Oracle 9.i
All the DB related files are on raw devices (lot of raw devices)

Can anyone please suggest the easiest ways to migrate the data from the local disk arragy to EMC symm.

Does the backup/restore work successfully in this case for the database move from local raw devices to EMC raw devices.

Besides, if we use dd to copy the data, do we have to use the oracle block size rather than the OS block size. For example, if the OS block size is 8k and the oracle block size is 4k, what block size we need to use for the dd command.

Thanks
Loyd