[HPADM] Followup 2 OPS: EMC Experience

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 08:47:38 EST

Sorry but I found another question. We heard from someone that they
could not use EMC with Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) because a single
volume cannot be mounted on more then one system for OPS from an EMC.
Anyone using EMC with OPS?

Thanks, hopefully this is the last question.

- Justin

==================
 Justin Willoughby
 Computer Operations
==================

>>> "Justin Willoughby" <jwilloug@mhc.net> 3/29/04 8:00:13 AM >>>

I hope this is not too much off topic.

We have AIX and HPUX servers. We have been using a IBM ESS Shark but
are now also looking at EMC, specifically the DMX 800. Can anyone that
uses the DMX 800 share their experience with this storage server? The
vendor did a live web demo of the management software for their DMX
servers and it looks pretty impressive. What I am most interested in is
any one that has had problems with their EMC storage service or any
performance issues, or praise.

Thanks,

- Justin