[HPADM] Followup: EMC Experience

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 07:29:57 EST

I have gotten some pretty good replies so far. Steve Bonds said that in
the past he lost a whole database because of EMC's PowerPath I/O load
balancing product. Has anyone else had database corruption because of
EMC's PowerPath software?

Thanks,

- Justin

==================
 Justin Willoughby
 Computer Operations
==================

>>> "Justin Willoughby" <jwilloug@mhc.net> 3/29/04 8:00:13 AM >>>

I hope this is not too much off topic.

We have AIX and HPUX servers. We have been using a IBM ESS Shark but
are now also looking at EMC, specifically the DMX 800. Can anyone that
uses the DMX 800 share their experience with this storage server? The
vendor did a live web demo of the management software for their DMX
servers and it looks pretty impressive. What I am most interested in is
any one that has had problems with their EMC storage service or any
performance issues, or praise.

Thanks,

- Justin